212 West Main Street | Barrington, Illinois 60010




The Donlea-Kincaid House

218 West Main Street  |  Barrington, Illinois

This folk victorian style house was built in 1898 for Mrs. Patrick Donlea, who moved here from the countryside when she was windowed. She lived in the house until 1942. The home was then acquired by Henry and Ruth Kincaid, who occupied it until 1987 when it was purchased and donated to the Barrington History Museum.

This house is an excellent example of the vernacular architectural style from the late victorian period, typical of the Barrington area.

The Donlea-Kincaid House currently houses our Museum Store and Used Book Store.

In 2000 we have moved to our new location in the "Old Barrington Center" at 212 W. Main Street in Barrington, IL. Please call 847.381.1730 for information about our events and exhibits.